Tuesday 12 February 2013

Books

I am an avid reader. Always have been. I am also an incredibly nosy person so anything autobiographical or a true story gets to me too.

I read a book in March 2010 call 'A Mother's Tears' and was by Nicole Wyborn; she lost her beautiful boy and it was her journey along the grief path. Nicole's recount of her emotions and feelings always made me feel 'normal' and gave me the power to believe that I can work through my grief.

She and I have a shared love of reading and writing and this blog is my emotional outlet and a way of me expressing how I feel. It is a way of me saying I need help without actually saying it. As my friends would know, I am not the greatest at saying and showing how weak I feel.

Last week, a good friend, read this blog for the first time and said she had a book I might like to read. She brought me round, Stephanie Nielson's 'Heaven is Here'.

Whilst our stories are completely different in circumstance  I felt a lot of her struggles paralleled my own. The difference being she came across confident in who she was before the accident.

As I write that though, I feel it was only becoming a mummy to my Eldest that gave me confidence. I felt I was where I needed to be in life and that was to be his mummy so when he died that was taken from me and my confidence diminished.

So what is my story? Who knows......