Wednesday 26 March 2014

Mothers Day

Last night, I was thinking about Mothers Day - which is this Sunday here in the UK.

Mother's Day is always a big deal to me because I never got to have one with my boys earthbound.

But I did. It just wasn't as celebrated.

They say a woman becomes a mummy when she falls pregnant but for a man, it is when the baby is born.

So Mother's Day 2009, I had with my eldest in my tummy. I remember getting a small bunch of flowers and a card from the bump.

But what I want to pose to the world is what if that is the only Mothers Day a woman gets, is when she is pregnant. No one likes to consider a negative outcome for a pregnancy but there is staggering amount of babies who are born sleeping but have been alive on a Mothers Day.

So I am really trying to say is make this Mother's Day truly special and count especially if you are pregnant because just what if, what if the worst was to happen and that was yours or hers only Mother's Day? 

I can tell you from experience that it will haunt her forever more when this special occasion comes around every year.

So to my friends with children, earth and heaven bound; my pregnant friends, I wish you a truly magical Mothers Day.

❤️