Sunday 21 July 2013

Reading the signs

If, like me, you believe in signs from our angels to show us they are near then this will be a promising read (I hope!).

So following on from my last post about becoming a Godmummy again - the service was lovely - the Deacon made the service.

As a catholic, things are different than in a Christian church. Not meaning to denounce anyone's religion but personally I feel the Catholic Church really does emphasis on the role of the parents and godparents and to quote the Deacon from last weekend - "we are not there to make up the numbers" - which in my experience is what it felt like in a Christian church.

This has a point, I promise.

So after the welcoming and prayers we all head to the font to where the baby is baptised and it is at that point the Deacon points out that there was an extra guest - in the form of a butterfly! 

I have long said that butterflies are my sign the boys are around me and have commented how there is always a white butterfly around us. Usually it flies into the garden and round and off again, if we are in the garden or may do it a few times. On days out, driving etc we always 'see' the white butterfly.

My god daughters baptism was brought forward as she was due open heart surgery on Thursday just gone. I anxiously waited by the phone all day and at 1.38pm I got the text to say all had gone well and earlier than expected! Phew! As I sat in the garden, pondering this and offering up silent prayers of thanks to my boys for bringing her through the surgery safely, a white butterfly flew into the garden and in front of me!

I have no doubt they were saying 'its okay mummy'!

So today is visiting day - where we go and see the boys and spend some time as a family. As we got out of the car, I was busy messaging a mummy who had lost her 16 day old baby girlie on Friday, when my husband called me and told me to look... There were 3 butterflies dancing together before one flew off and two remained dancing together! I watched them with a heavy, but happy heart for 5 minutes before making my way to their special place. 

As we sat there talking, playing and losing ourselves in our thoughts, we could see the two butterflies had separated and were playing either side of the cemetery, either side of their special place. Occasionally coming close to us.

So much comfort and joy.