Sunday 7 July 2013

June 2013

I haven't written for a while as I haven't had time really. June has been a hectic month for us and I've barely had time to think.

Firstly we were away in Ireland for my cousin's wedding and it was lovely being home with all the family! I always feel a bit homesick when we come back to the UK though. Especially as I have two cousins due the end of this year and it pains me to realise that their babies will not be newborns when I see them!

Then I turned 30... Such a milestone but in truth, I don't feel any older! I aged when I lost my babies and to me it's just another step closer until I see them again. As I think about it now, it is such a landmark as I feel really grown up now. They say your an adult when you turn 21 but I feel more grown up, more socially acceptable as a grown up, now that I am 30!

We had a party to celebrate my 30th and princess's 2nd birthday and it was lovely having all my loved ones with us. It didn't come without all the dramas from thein-laws  though. There is always drama where they are concerned! One day I will write it all down... Perhaps in the next bout of insomnia!! Lol!

So princess turned 2 and she really did grow up overnight! She is amazing, and I know every parent says that but she is! However the terrible twos have definitely set in and she is pushing boundaries!

Then to finish the month we had a big family fun day for the charity we set up in the boys' memory! Such an amazing day and even I am in awe of all that we produced!

So July approached and the exhaustion and de-stress happened... Took me a bit longer to get over June than I thought but am hoping I am over it!

June saw me gain 1/2 stone and lose my mojo.. Me and a friend joked at the beginning of the year how we would go to the charity family fun day, size 10s in hot pants... The reality was I was still a size 16!

So first weigh in of July and I have restarted! Having just realised my twitter account and Facebook account are linked, I am hoping to get support emotionally, mentally and skinny-ly (I made that up!)

Love me! Xxx