Tuesday 1 January 2013

Christmas and New Year

So it's New Year's Eve here and I am sitting here, reflecting on the last year.

Princess has learnt to walk, talk and we celebrated her first birthday. Another year without the boys, but I guess its another year closer to when we are reunited again.

A year of ups and downs.

Emotionally, I feel 'better' than last year - stronger perhaps?! Mentally, the demons are still there but what is that saying...... they stay quiet with chocolate.

Now talking of chocolate... I am not where I wanted to be weight wise to end the year and whilst this hugely bothers me - it also doesn't. I am 2 dress sizes smaller than last year and the same weight I started now on the journey to losing weight to marry my husband. I am focusing on that rather than the figure on the scale. Everyone asks me what goal is, and I don't know. Not til I look in the mirror and go, you know what, you look alright, you do.

Traditionally, we make New Year's resolutions and I have a couple :-D

1. To continue to get 'better'

2. To get to 'goal' by my 30th

3. To stop thinking about how far I have to go and look at how far I have come and be proud of myself for getting there

4. To meet up with friends more; esp one lady in particular, who I am united with in grief and loss

5. I don't have a 5th but 4 seems shoddy! LOL!

Anyway, I hope you all have had a good Christmas and it wasn't as painful as anticipated. Here's to another new year; may it be better than the last or what you want from it.

Thank you for reading!